Supplemental Material for:
Neuroanatomical phenotypes in the Reeler mouse
Alexandra Badea, Peter J. Nicholls, G. Allan Johnson, and William C. Wetsel
Neuroimage 34(4): 1363-1374, February 15, 2007. PMCID: PMC1945208
CIVM makes many types of data acquired for published and yet unpublished studies available through our CIVM VoxPort application. Use of VoxPort is free. Registration is required. Register for VoxPort access now. A new browser window or tab will open.
We ask that you provide contact information, and agree to give credit to the Duke Center for In Vivo Microscopy for any written or oral presentation using data from this site. Please use the following acknowledgement: Imaging data provided by the Duke Center for In Vivo Microscopy NIH/NIBIB (P41 EB015897).
Instructions: Click on a link below. A new browser window or tab will open where you will be prompted to login to CIVMVoxPort. If you do not have login credentials, follow the instructions to register for access. After you login, come back to this page and re-click on a link below to go directly to the desired page.
The data files shared are contrast enhanced (ProHance, Bracco Diagnostics) MR scans of fixed perfused mouse brains, acquired using a 9.4 T (400 MHz) vertical bore Oxford magnet with a GE EXCITE console (Epic 11.0). The imaging sequence was a radio frequency refocused,3D spin warp sequence, with TE/TR of 5.2/50 ms, FOV 22 x 11 x 11 mm. Zero filling was used, resulting in a matrix size 1024 x 512 x 512, and isotropic resolution of 21.5 microns. Nonuniform radial gain and asymmetric k space sampling were used, resulting in a scan time of approximately 2 hours.
To download 3D data sets in Analyze format, please save the data to disk. If downloading a zipped archive unzip (one can use WinZip on a PC, Stuffit on a MAC) and save header (*.hdr) and image files (*.img) in the same directory.
- Supplemental Figure 1. Coronal section from wild type Reln brain (WT). The 3D dataset, in Analyze format, is available for download (click to download full dataset as zip archive, 172 MB).
- Supplemental Figure 2. Coronal section from heterozygous Reln mutant brain (Relnrl/+). The 3D dataset, in Analyze format, is available for download (click to download full dataset as zip archive, 117 MB).
- Supplemental Figure 3. Coronal section from homozygous Reln mutant brain (Relnrl/rl). The 3D dataset, in Analyze format, is available for download (click to download full dataset as zip archive, 124 MB).
- Supplemental Figure4: Video 1. 3D rendering of the hippocampus and ventricles from wild type and homozygous Reln mutant brain (mp4 format) illustrating qualitative differences in shape.
- Supplemental Figure 5: Coronal sections from WT and homozygous Reln mutant illustrating differences in thickness of the cerebral cortex and hippocampal layers.
- P.R. Hof, W.G. Young, F.E. Bloom, P.V. Belichenko, and M.R. Celio, 2000. "Comparative Cytoarchitectonic Atlas of the C57BL/6 and 129/Sv Mouse Brains". Elsevier.
- George Paxinos and Keith B.J. Franklin, 2003. "The Mouse Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates", Academic Press.